Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Side Braid Your Way - #1 Low Impact Pseudo-Braid

I love a good side braid.  It involves a mix of texture and (seemingly) effortless messiness.  It is a great weekend look and it is guaranteed to make any look seem at least 10 points cooler.  Now I know not everyone has braiding mastered so I have a few versions to offer up, this one is the Low Impact version for people who either don't have the patience, time, or the finger stamina to braid it up.  Shout out to my long time best friend Sarah B. on this one...I know you can handle it!

Low Impact Pseudo-Braid
You will need:
~ 3-4 thin hair rubber bands (I like to use the clear ones)
~ a comb or brush
Optional:
~ styling cream or hair spray (for those lucky people that have a curly texture)

Step 1: Start by pulling your hair into a low ponytail off to one side of your neck using a clear rubber band. Use hair spray or styling cream to smooth down hair if need be.  If I have my hair parted on one side, I usually pull my hair to the opposite side but do what works best for your hair.  

Step 2:  Place another rubber band around your ponytail about 3-4 inches lower than the first.  If you don't have long hair I would stick with 3 inches.  Repeat one or two more times, spacing the rubber bands evenly. I like to leave about 4 inches of hair at the bottom but it is really up to you and what looks best on your hair.

Step 3:  This is the fun part, it's time for you to get messy!  Go to each section of hair between rubber bands and pull the hair to each side spreading it out.  Start at the top and work your way down.  It's kind of like loosening up your tennis shoe laces.  Start small and adjust as you go until you are happy with how it looks.  I would either have each section be evenly spread out or start wider at the top and get smaller as you get down to the end.  

Viola!





I like to find a pair of killer earrings to compliment the do but you can go easy with studs or naked ears too.  This can be as messy or as neat as you want, that part is up to you!  

Feel free to leave a comment if you try this style out or have any questions.  I would love to see pictures of your Low Impact Braid!

~ B





No comments:

Post a Comment