Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Oh La La: Catherine Malandrino for Kohls

If you know my shopping habits, I tend to frequent a little place called Kohls.  On any given day I can look down at my outfit and find at least one item that is from there.  And if it is from Kohls, chances are I got it on sale too!  That is one of the many reasons that this is my go to place.  

Another reason is for the collaborations that Kohls creates with MAJOR designers like Narcisco Rodriguez, Derek Lam, and now Catherine Malandrino.  It is all through the avenue of DesigNation.  Every time a new collabo is announced I can hardly contain my excitement.  There is always something new and different being put out on the Kohls store floor!

Catherine Brings the Oh La La
The collection Catherine has created is obviously French inspired.  You will see the Eiffel tower silhouette used in the back of her sheath dress or printed on a cute sweater.  The Paris, je t 'aime tee is another cue.  It's not overdone but not hidden either.  Malandrino brings a chic and streamlined collection to the masses.  

How Many Euro?
DesigNation is bringing these major designers into the "real world" for us.  Naturally there is going to be a bit of a sticker jump from some other collections you see at Kohls.  Initially the prices range from $34 chic tees, to $78 dresses, topping off at $120 for a feminine quilted motorcycle jacket. (all pictured below)




Paris Je T'aime Tee $36                              (also available in white and blue)

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Stained-Glass Faux-Wrap Dress $78
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Faux-Leather Motorcycle Jacket $120
                                                                                                           
                                                         

My Obsessions

There are quite a few drool-worthy pieces in this collection.  The price makes me cringe a little so I will probably hold off on any purchases until Kohls applies a discount to the line.  Put that with a 20% off coupon and bam, you have yourself a deal!  So immediately I fell in amore with the Pleated Jumpsuit.  The top mimics a wrap dress which is insanely flattering for all ladies.  The fabric looks so comfortable but the look is so polished.  The piece de resistance?  It's available in NAVY.  I am such a sucker for that blue hue that I can hardly resist.  The ensemble is also available in a classic black.  I will be purchasing this look for sure!  

Pleated Jumpsuit $88

Here are a few other items I would love to pick up.  The Hooded Over-Sized Jacket looks amazingly cozy and cool while still maintaining the chicness of a Parisian woman.  The Draped Ponte Top has a cool minimalist vibe which always makes for a sophisticated work look.  The zipper gives it a bit of a biker edge without being too rough.  The ponte top also comes in black or blue.

      Hooded Over-Sized Jacket $78               Draped Ponte Top $48

You can find all of these designs online at Kohls starting on September 27th and select styles will be available in stores.  

Overall, I love the collection and I am glad it is available to us all but I will be waiting for a sale to make any purchases. I don't think I can count a navy blue jumpsuit as a timeless staple...or can I?

Au revoir!

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment