Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Movie Star Curl

Whenever I curl my hair, everyone asks how I do it.  I thought I would share it with you!

You will need:
~ a curling iron with the clamp removed, or a curling wand
~ brush
~ hairspray 
~ a little patience the first few times, I can usually knock this out in 15 minutes now

Start with straight hair.  You will start your curl under your jaw line (see picture below).  For more body you can start higher but it tends to create a Shirley Temple look of which I am not a fan.  You can use a middle part or side part but divide your hair so it is split down the back and all hair is off to one side or the other.


Take a chunk of hair and begin wrapping it around the barrel towards the back of your head (like in the photo below...I look happy,huh?).  You will need to go the same direction with each section of hair.  When I am done with my left side, I will do a mirror image of the direction in my right side.
Hold the hair wrapped around for about 10 seconds and let go.  Be really careful once you get close to the end!  It is really easy to burn yourself this way.  I actually like when the very end isn't curled so I leave the last half inch off of the iron.
Your hair will look like this when you are done curling each section
So far you have done pretty great!  I think you deserve a drink...mine is juice....
Once you have curled all of your hair, run a brush through it.  Until it looks like the picture below.  Feel free to use hairspray if your hair doesn't stay curled very well. 
This is such an easy and consistent method.  You should get pretty much the same results each time.

It's fun to pin back one side, put it in a ponytail, or have a deep side part for a dramatic look!  Enjoy your movie star curls!  ~B 






No comments:

Post a Comment