Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Part 2 Leggings: Solids and Prints and Leather, Oh My!

Now that you have read my post, Leggings: Tales of the Misunderstood Tights, you can proceed to the next step.  If you haven't read it yet, start here before reading what is below.  
With great body comes great responsibility...to cloth it tastefully! ~B


The Legging Breakdown (break it down now!  And I'm dancing...)

1.  The Solid Legging:  A tried and true closet staple.  I like to stick to dark colors such as black, brown, and teal.  The best leggings around are from American Apparel, no contest.

2.  The Patterned Legging:  Proceed with caution.  Prints can be very fun but stick to only a few colors per pair and make sure you try them on first!  What looks good on the rack doesn't always translate once you put them on.
Floral Jersey Leggings - H&M $12.95



3.  The Faux-leather Legging:  I love this option.  I own a pair and I feel like a chic bad ass when I wear mine.  If your outfit is getting a little to girly or over thought, throw on these bad boys.  There are some great legging options with patches of faux-leather.  Try these patched pairs on, they don't always hit in a flattering place!


4.  The Fleece Legging:  Holy crap, talk about wearing clouds on your legs!  Fleece-lined leggings are just about the coziest thing around.  Pair these with a chunky knit sweater (long of course) to bring it on home.  The coziness factor of this combo will cause you to take a nap and drink hot chocolate, just warning you.

 



5.  The Embellished Legging:  I am in love with embellished leggings.  I can't afford them, but they are fabulous.  I am also convinced you have to clean them gently with a toothbrush for about three hours.  They are amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to rock them with a long tee and blazer!

I don't have the heart to tell you the price of these.  Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment