Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Blooming Beauty

I can get pretty excited about little things like a song I love playing on the radio or when I get a free cookie with my "My Panera" card (don't act like you haven't been there), but new make-up brands get me really excited!  I love seeing the shiny new packaging, how they present their brand, and what new and innovative products they lure me in with. 

The new line I am delving into is Flower sold strictly at Walmart (wallets sing a chorus of "Amen").  It was created by actress Drew Barrymore and if anyone knows quality make-up, it would a child-star turned successful actress who has been the face of Covergirl for years!  She has created a high quality line of make-up products that are affordable and available to the masses. She does this by not paying for advertising like traditional companies do (pretty interesting, huh?).  But who needs advertising with a mouthpiece and a face like Drew?  Let me take you through what I know so far.

Flower Facts
  • the products are all made in the USA 
  • the products are not tested on animals 
  • the most expensive product in the line only cost $13.98!!!
Picking the Flowers - Go on & try these B tested products

Zoom-in Ultimate Mascara [retails for $7.98 at walmart.com]
This mascara is pretty high tech!  The brush has three settings that you adjust by turning the top of the cap to the right or left.  This will adjust your length, curl, and volume.  That part is kind of amazing!  The mascara comes in 4 colors right now; intense black, black, black brown, and brown.  Pretty standard repertoire.  I just purchased my second tube and I am still digging it.  It doesn't flake or smudge and I like that I can adjust the wand to fit what kind of eyelash day I am having (yes it differs, just like your hair).  I will definitely continue picking this flower!

[Pictured Below: Zoom-in Ultimate Mascara]

Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color [Retails for $6.98 at walmart.com]
I love this stuff!!!!  I fell in love with the color Tender Tuberose when using the Petit Fleur triplet (discussed below) and I had to have it.  I will say the velvet lip color is a different feeling.  It is a dryer texture so if you don't like that, I would pick another rose, perhaps the Kiss Stick High-shine Lip Color.  The Tender Tuberose color is still natural but does a great job of accentuating the lips.  I would describe it as a soft mauve.  I can't wait to try the other eight colors ranging from a soft pink to plum.  For this price, you can afford to buy the whole bouquet! 

 [Pictured Below: Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color in Tender Tuberose]

Almost in Full Bloom
Petite Fleurs for Lips [retails for $6.98 at walmart.com]
Do you remember those pencils we had in grade school that were so much fun?  That is the concept Flower so smartly used to give the user options.  The Fleur comes with three different colors so you can swap them out by taking the top color and using it to push the next color up.  The issue is that the packaging does not feel the need to behave.  I was so excited to carry this "pocket triplet" around but the cap will not stay on.  While I enjoy the collaborative desire, I don't want my lipstick mingling with my other make-up or my make-up bag.  This same design is also sold in eye shadow and concealer.  Brilliant in theory but this flower needs some more time to bloom.  Maybe next Spring?


[Pictured Below: Petit Fleurs Lip Pocket Triplets]
Petite Fleurs

I am looking forward to trying more of these products, especially the concealer/foundation/powder portion which Drew emphasizes when she speaks of the quality.  Flower has products to cover you from head to toe, offering a line of nail polish as well.  With its soft and natural colors, pretty packaging, and famously fabulous face I can't wait for this brand to be in full bloom!

You can find out more about the brand at www.flowerbeauty.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment