Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

B's View: Spare Room Line Up


Okay, I know not everyone has an entire room to spare but even if you have a corner to spare, here are a few suggestions on how you can use the space!  Display your beautiful shoes and show off your jewelry collection.  Happy organizing! ~B



Line 'Em Up
All you need is a cheap bookcase, and your shoe collection.  I have shoes for days, maybe even weeks and they are always hiding in my closet.  So when when Danny started his new job and no longer needed a home office, we decided to use the space for some fun!  You can get a great cheap bookcase at Walmart or Target for around $30 dollars. Danny got two shelves and I got 4, that is fair right?  I love seeing them lined up and find that I wear more of a variety because I see what I have.  This is great for shoes, hats, and purses.



Hang 'Em Up
Okay, how many necklaces are too many?  Forget I asked, I don't want to know...anyway, I like to see what I am working with or get inspiration for an outfit from a piece.  There are a few ways to display your necklaces to have a little fun.  I have an accordion hanger with 13 knobs (bottom left photo) and a few individual hangers to display some of my favorite pieces (bottom right photo).  These are just fun ways to dress up a wall or accompany a photo of Audrey Hepburn.  




Dress 'Em Up
My sweet mom and sister bought me this mannequin for a house-warming gift and I love having it in our spare room.  Its like having a life-size barbie to dress up in your own clothes.  I like to swap out what I put on the mannequin to inspire outfit ideas or display a favorite new hat.  You can find great deals on these at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.



No comments:

Post a Comment